Here are our top alternatives to alcohol
1.Soda with fresh lime. Proof that simplicity is still the best.
2. Berries in iced water. This refreshing summer drink will keep you energized and refreshed.
3. Kombucha. The new kid on the block and unquestionably the ‘it’ drink right now. Again, make sure the sugar content is less than 5g/100ml.
4. Virgin bloody Mary. This updated classic is also a wonderful option for individuals trying to pack in the vegetables if you want a saltier taste.
5. Virgin Mojito. A Mojito contains about 35-40 calories and less than two spoons of sugar without the rum, so this is a healthy alternative.
6. Half soda/half cranberry juice and muddled lime. Limiting the juice to less than half a glass reduces the sugar amount and provides a healthy, delightful pleasure.
7. Soda and fresh fruit. For a flavor of summer, combine fresh fruit with soda and a dash of fruit juice.
8. Mocktails. Mocktails are heavy in sugar, but why not indulge in one and then switch to lime and soda for the remainder of the night?
When Should you seek help?
When you’ve made attempts at reducing your drinking and you’re unable to achieve it on your own, you should seek help. Also, If you feel like you don’t have the time or capacity to do it on your own and you need additional support and hand holding, you should seek help.
How to get help?
- Speak to an experience recovery coach who will help support your treatment goals.
- Enroll in a recovery program specifically for Alcohol Recovery.