Here are some tips that’ll reduce your drinking and increase your health.
- Make an effort to keep your home alcohol-free.
- Participate in community events such as FebFast or Dry July to stay motivated.
- Understand your triggers. If you tend to drink more alcohol when you are stressed or weary, try going for a stroll outside or doing anything else to distract yourself.
- When drinking or eating, make sure to include a meal in your schedule. Use ice or soda water to dilute alcoholic beverages.
- Make an effort to go without alcohol for a set time, say from Monday to Friday.
- Switch between alcoholic drinks and non-alcoholic drinks like sparkling water.
- Reduce your alcohic intake by trying a beer, wine, or spirit that has low (or nil) alcohol content.
- Make new friends by appointing yourself as the designated driver. Just make sure you stay under .05.
- Drink water gently to quench your thirst and sip alcoholic beverages slowly.